Least favorite foods
I am an ovolactovegetarian, so I stick to plant-based foods, plus egg and dairy. I don’t eat the following foods:
- Species Capsicum annuum: One variety, bell pepper. (Spicy peppers are fine).
- Species Ananas comosus: Pineapple.
- Species Solanum melongena: Eggplant or aubergine.
- Species Cucumis melo: Muskmelons such as honeydew and cantaloupe.
- Genus Citrus: Grapefruit and pomelo.
- Species Cynara cardunculus: Artichoke.
- Family Juglandaceae: All species, notably walnut and pecan. This applies also to derivatives such as pecan praline. (Hazelnut praline is fine.)
- Genus Prunus: All species, notably almonds, apricots, cherries, nectarines, peaches, plums, and nectarines. This applies also to product derivatives such as almond milk, almond butter, cherry juice, and peach cobbler.
- Species Brassica oleracea: Two species, specifically Brussels sprouts and kale.
- Species Carum carvi: Caraway, possibly from the presence of anethole
- Species Pimpinella anisum: Anise, likely from the presence of anethole.
- Species Foeniculum vulgare: Fennel, likely from the presence of anethole.
- Species Illicium verum: Star anise, likely from the presence of anethole.
- Shredded coconut meat. (Coconut milk is fine.)
- Runny or astringent cheeses, such as brie and bleu cheese.
- Margarine. (Butter is fine.)
- Mayonnaise, vegenaise, or any egg-oil-vinegar emulsion. (Hollandaise is fine because it contains butter, not oil).
- American cheese, Cheez Whiz, and other cheese byproducts.